[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - a question about TaskController

clandestino_bgd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 14 18:47:40 EST 2009

Hi,
I use default TaskController for submitting parameters collected on task form. I do not know how I was missing this issue all this time, but it just happened :)

so this line in mentioned class caused me headache + couple of hours:

  | if (value!=null) {
  |               log.debug("submitting task variable '"+mappedName+"' to process variable '"+variableName+"', value '"+value+"'");
  |               contextInstance.setVariable(variableName, value, token);
  |             }

which means, I guess, that if the variable in task variable map has value NULL, it will not be copied to token, or process instance variable.

Now, if I have task form (jsp) with check boxes and I collect submitted fields by request.getParameter(), I want to NULL this value on process level, but simply it cannot do.

I am sure there was a reason for implementing this behavior. If somebody knows, I would be happy to hear it.
Now, I am going to sharp my pen and write my own implementation of Task Controller.

And yes, user doc says:
anonymous wrote :
  | When the user ends the task, the task controller is responsible for updating the process variables based on the task instance data.

Thanks for comment,
cheers and long live JBPM!
milan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4201972#4201972