[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Large Jbpm Variables Slow System Down

dleerob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 19 08:00:41 EST 2009

Hi,

My workflow system has the ability to attach a file. This file is streamed into a byte[], and then set as a variable on a task instance.
Lets say I attach a file of about 2MB (or more), the system is quite slow when calling taskInstance.getVariablesLocally(), which returns a Map of variables. This must be due to the fact that the fairly large byte[] needs to be loaded. Does anyone know of a way to speed this up? Perhaps somehow not loading byte[] variables, or variables over a certain size. Then somehow only retrieve those large variable when it is actually required. I need to be aware that they exist though, which is why im using taskInstance.getVariablesLocally(), so I have the map of all available variables.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4202863#4202863

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4202863