[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Deploying multiple ears with

hamtho2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 20 10:47:34 EST 2009

Hi,

I am currently facing the following problem:
I need to configure my ear for multiple environments. Therefor I used the hibernate.properties in the root folder of the ear to configure my persistence-layer. This works perfectly so far, because Hibernate finds the properties through it´s Environment and loads them.

BUT:

if I now deploy another ear, holding a hibernate.properties for configuring the second application, the hibernate.properties are simply ignored and - even more - the hibernate.properties from the first deployment are used for my second deployment as well.

While looking in the Hibernate source code I saw that the corresponding variable is defined as a static variable.

private static final Properties GLOBAL_PROPERTIES;

It seems as if this class will be loaded only once and the first deployment wins. I already tried to work with isolated classloaders and set the value for

  | <attribute name="Isolated">true</attribute>

 in the ear-deployer.xml to false. But this didn´t make any difference.

Does anyone has an idea how to use multiple hibernate.properties or any other way to handle multiple configurations for the persistence-layer?

Thanks for any input

Thomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203330#4203330

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203330