[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: MDB redeploy with ...-service.xml

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 29 03:02:26 EST 2009

"Wolfgang Knauf" wrote : Hi jaikiran,

  | the -service.xml in META-INF instead of the JAR root ...
  | The first error (javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException) is gone.

As i suspected, this looks like some issue with JBossAS-5 deployment. Maybe you could open a thread in our AS5 forum to see if someone has more inputs.

anonymous wrote : So I assume that -service.xml files MUST be placed in META-INF? Is this correct?
Not sure. AS5 forum may provide an answer :) But if placing it at the root of the jar is incorrect, then atleast the deployer should not throw a AlreadyExistsException.

Yes, looks like an ordering issue. Going by the logs, you first see the error and then the successful binding of the queue. Add a @Depends on your MDB (either the annotation or through deployment descriptor jboss.xml) to prevent the MDB from deploying before the queue is deployed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205458#4205458

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4205458