[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Dashboard show to other users

andiXT do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 29 03:09:11 EST 2009

Its easy - every user might configure its own dashboard, apply own theme, add desired portlets - another words - create its own page. After then this dashboard might use other users - just view its content.

Examples:
Car renting portal. Administrator of portal has configured only default portal with welcome page, explanations and thats all. After that every registered user (actually depending on role which is owner) receives pre-configured portal with set of pages and portlets on them. This user is owner of this portal and might change theme of this portal, location of portlets, and add or remove some portlets from his own portal. In his portal he publishes its car to be rented.

Another user, who registers himself as owner, also receives its portal, where he changes theme, portlets, etc. And so on.

Currently we have implemented such scenario by building new portal for every owner. But we have investigated, that in case of very big amount of portals performance of JBoss Portal significantly drops down.

Actually configuration of own portal is almost the same, as every user might configure its own dashboard. I think, since dashboard is only one, it doesn't affect so much performance and its possible probably to use in our scenario in case of big amount of users. But the main problem how to show my own dashboard to other users.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4205459#4205459

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4205459