[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: Getting DB connection from jboss pool via JNDI

amayen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 2 03:00:21 EDT 2009

Ok, thanks for the answer.

What I'm still not 100 % sure is what the term remote client suggests.

Is a Tomcat that runs on the same physical machine but in another process than JBoss a 'remote' client?

And if this is so, how do you go about letting also JSP's and JSP Beans used in Tomcat profit from the JBoss connection pooling WITHOUT using the Antipattern of putting db resources in the global JNDI namespace with the use of

<use-java-context>false</use-java-context>?

That is my main concern, the application is functioning with that configuration but everywhere I read it is said you should not do that.

So which alternatives to that do I have? Is the only alternative to run the tomcat instance embedded in jboss?

And local clients are only clients that were spawned through the same java process which was used to start the jboss server?

Kind regards,

Anatol

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4241365#4241365

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4241365