[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Deprecated DistributedState in Cluster API for JBossAS 5

jalxm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 16 07:21:17 EDT 2009

I have code with DistributedState to update some data (my own metrics) for all members in cluster.

Now I see that DistributedState (seems DistributedState.DSListenerEx too) deprecated but I don't know how to replace my code.

Take a look..

HAPartition part = ...;

DistributedState distState = part.getDistributedStateService();
DistributedState.DSListenerEx listenerState = new DistributedState.DSListenerEx() {
            /**
             * {@inheritDoc}
             */
            public void keyHasBeenRemoved(String category, Serializable key, Serializable value, boolean locally) {
                // No-op.
            }

            /**
             * {@inheritDoc}
             */
            public void valueHasChanged(String category, Serializable key, Serializable value, boolean locally) {
                // Some logic...
            }

};

/* Register state listener. */
distState.registerDSListenerEx(CATEGORY, listenerState);

Every cluster node start thread with metrics update in loop
  distState.set(CATEGORY, locNode.getJBossId(), localNodeMetrics);

Do you have any ideas how to replicate metrics for all nodes?
I see that CacheManager added in JBoss AS 5

Thanks,
Alex Magdenko

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244057#4244057

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244057