[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Installing a context leads to resolve of other unrelated

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 16 07:22:38 EDT 2009

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | Isn't that the job of the deployers (ex: BeanMetadataDeployer) to install (which internally will move it to various states) the specific context(s)?

Deployers are just one way of installing a component into MC.
You can do it in many different ways - take any direct API approach.

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | Shouldn't an implicit dependency be turned (by some piece of code) into an explicit dependency? For #1, the other bean is actually depending on the "some bean" for the static flag, so shouldn't this dependency be created explicitly? Same holds for #2

Not all dependencies could be made explicit.

e.g. let's again take the JNDI example
One bean all it cares is if certain JNDI name is present.
The other one or a few are potential candidates to provide this JNDI name.
But the catch is that providing this name depends on N variables; timestamp, weather, ...

So, there is no way to know in a particular timeframe which bean will resolve the first bean --> implicit.

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | Isn't this expensive (correct me if i am wrong) and is being done for every context being installed.
Re-read the JNDI example. ;-)
Or how else are you gonna make sure you don't miss a potential dependency resolving bean,
if you don't check them all?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244058#4244058

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244058