[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - oracle xmlparserv2 in JBOSS 5.1.0 GA

jguyard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 23 05:39:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

here is the context:

- JBOSS 5.1.0 GA
- last release of JBOSSWS installed on it
- my application uses JAX-WS webservices

Ear i want to deploy uses ADF 10.1.3.3. The thing is that I really don't want to deploy my application with all ADF's jars placed in WEB-INF/lib.

So ADF's jars have been placed in JBOSS_HOME/server/myserver/lib

ADF uses xmlparserv2 which is the oracle implementation that conflicts with the default xerces implementation that comes with JBOSS.

I think I tried everything to make that thing works.

1. I tried to set JAVA_OPTS to make oracle parser the priority:
-Djavax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory=oracle.xml.xpath.JAXPXPathFactory
-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=oracle.xml.jaxp.JXSAXTransformerFactory
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=oracle.xml.jaxp.JXSAXParserFactory
-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=oracle.xml.jaxp.JXDocumentBuilderFactory

--> JBOSS server is waiting to start with xerces implementation: it doesn't start anymore.

2. I tried to declare oracle implementation in META-INF/services/... in my EAR:

JBOSS starts normally, when i tried to invoke the wsdl document generated by jboss with it's URL, i get another error:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
  | 	at org.jboss.wsf.common.DOMUtils$1.initialValue(DOMUtils.java:89)
  | 	at org.jboss.wsf.common.DOMUtils$1.initialValue(DOMUtils.java:110)
  | 	at java.lang.ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap.getAfterMiss(ThreadLocal.java:374)
  | 	at java.lang.ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap.get(ThreadLocal.java:347)
  | 	at java.lang.ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap.access$000(ThreadLocal.java:225)
  | 	at java.lang.ThreadLocal.get(ThreadLocal.java:127)
  | 	at org.jboss.wsf.common.DOMUtils.getDocumentBuilder(DOMUtils.java:149)
  | 	at org.jboss.wsf.common.DOMUtils.parse(DOMUtils.java:173)

3. I tried to do nothing special (no JAVA_OPTS, no META-INF/services):

--> Obviously i can invoke the webservice and when it's time for ADF to look for a xml parser, I get ClassCastException between xerces and xmlparserv2

I've been looking for a while and I've started to think ears using different kinds of frameworks only work in JBOSS when everything is embedded in the ear.

So if anyone has the solution i would be soooooooo gratefull

Regards,

Julien

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245499#4245499

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245499