[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Problems with variables in Start-node formular

legux do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 28 16:29:52 EDT 2009

Hi all.

I have got the following problem.

I created a process definition with jbpm 4.

To the start-node i assigned a form where the user can select the value of  two variables.

The first transition leads from start to a decision-node, where i want to evaluate the input. I assigned a DecisionHandler to do this.

Using a JUnit-Test everything wents fine.

When i deploy this to the jboss and want to start the process with the jbpm-console, the form is shown and i can select the values, but in the DecisionHandler i can't  see the variables.

When i put a human task between the start node and the decision, and assign view.ftl to this node where i show the variables i can see the values and after completing this task the decisionHandler also can evaluate the variables.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

thanks,
steffen

for a better understanding of my problem i will give you a short example:

the test.jpdl.xml

  | <process name="test" xmlns="http://jbpm.org/4.0/jpdl">
  |
  |   <start form="start.ftl" name="start1">
  |       <transition name="to java1" to="exclusive1"/>
  |    </start>
  |
  |    <decision name="exclusive1">
  |       <handler class="org.jbpm.test.TestDecision"/>
  |       <transition name="to task1" to="task1"/>
  |       <transition name="to task2" to="task2"/>
  |    </decision>
  |    <task assignee="alex" name="task1">
  |       <transition name="to end1" to="end1"/>
  |    </task>
  |    <task assignee="alex" name="task2">
  |       <transition name="to end1" to="end1"/>
  |    </task>
  |
  |    <end name="end1"/>
  |
  | </process>

start.ftl

  | <form action="${form.action}" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
  |
  | <h5>Variable A</h5>
  |
  | <select name="varA">
  | <option value="1">A1</option>
  | <option value="2">A2</option>