[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Changinh connection state in CMP EJB

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 15 05:02:44 EDT 2009

The required changes are attached here
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-1429
The reauthenitication mechanism with jdbc ra will work when
1) <reauthentication-support> tag is enabled in ra.xml at jboss-local-jdbc.rar/META-INF/ra.xml AND jboss-xa-jdbc.rar/META-INF/ra.xml
AND
2) The -ds.xml corresponding to the local-tx-datasource AND xa-datasource would have <reauthentication-mechanism> pointing to the appropriate reauthentication mechanism implementation.

Missing of any of the configuration would cause *misbehavior* of the JCA pooling mechanism.
We should have a way to pass the reatuthentication details to the MCF e.g
mcf.setReauthenticationTrue(true);
Should we not have reauthentication related API as a part of the MCF ?

For other RA's to support re-authentication what they need is
1) Enable the <reauthentication-support> in the vendor-specificRA.rar/META-INF/ra.xml

AND

2) provide connection-property for CF which will tell the MCF to use the reauthentication.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237580#4237580

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237580