[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: jboss AS, jboss Web and php

ShaneLM do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 16 17:28:11 EDT 2009

Actually based on running phpinfo(), I found out that the directory it's looking for php.ini in linux is at /home/jfclere/Linux_i686_tools/PHP/lib/. I created that path, stuck a php.ini file in it, and it's loading it great.

The last thing I need to do is enable support for Oracle. In the windows download, php_oci8.dll is provided in the extensions directory, but there's nothing in the linux i686 download. I was hoping for a way to download just that file and then point to it, but everything I find tells me I need to recompile all of PHP (http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/notes/technote_php_instant.html). Do I really need to do all that? And if I do, do I need to do it with the code here instead: http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossreflex/trunk/php/ ?

I've also seen this quote from http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossweb/freezone/modules/php/index.html: "Additing extension libraries - For the moment this feature is only supported on Solaris." Is that implying that unless I'm using Solaris (I'm using Red Hat) this is impossible? It worked on windows...

Thanks so much :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238043#4238043

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238043