[jboss-user] [Remoting] - version confusion

keno.albrecht do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 16 17:31:34 EDT 2009

I want to evaluate Remoting as a replacement for RMI. Looking at the homepage, downloads, news, jira, ... I got slightly confused about what the latest version of Remoting really is.

Should I take 3.0.0.GA from http://www.jboss.org/jbossremoting/downloads/3.x? Or is 2.5.1 still current -- only the betas of version 3.x are mentioned on the main download page: http://www.jboss.org/jbossremoting/downloads, and there is also no official announcement for the 3.0.0.GA version. Or is there a 3.1.0 somewhere, since it is already mentioned on the JIRA tracker https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM?

Well, as I said, I am confused. Please point me to the correct version. Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238044#4238044

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238044