[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Programmatically Create Portal Pages

analyzediz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 5 15:31:53 EST 2009

Hi all --

I was wondering if anyone know of a good approach to programmatically create a portal page from a preexisting template page. Essentially, I have a requirement to be able to clone a template page with portlets in a specific layout etc. The user will be able to, at the click of a button on a management portlet, create a clone of the template portal page. The clone will contain a copy of each portlet that exist on the template page as well.

Does anyone out there know of a systematic way of doing this? I presume as a last resort I might have to go to the database layer to make copies of each of the database records that represent each of the portal objects (template page, template portlets etc.) and link them together.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4215470#4215470

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4215470