[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Feedback on the Smooks editor

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 9 15:55:55 EDT 2009

First off, I really appreciate we are now getting feedback for the editor even though it is hard to use, but it as a start :)

Will 3.0.0.GA go out with an incomplete smooks editor ? Yes - I don't want to delay GA months just for one plugin.

Should it be named 0.1 instead of 1.0 ? Yes, it should but we started with 1.0 since we assumed we would have a more complete editor at the end of development - we assumed wrong but going back in version numbers is en evil sin in context of eclipse updates!

We will continue to do development on the smooks editor but that will be for the 3.1 development so we  don't break 3.0.x users.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216367#4216367

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216367