[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: partial refresh for portlets (server-side implications)

wherisat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 9 16:00:14 EDT 2009

Thomas, are you saying that I can benefit from partial refresh using only JSR 168 and JBOSS 2.6.5SP1? For example, if I have a JSP that has a form with a button, and I'd like that button to cause only that portlet to refresh, this can be accomplished?

To clarify, currently my JSP has code similar to this:

  | <form action="<%=renderResp.createActionURL().toString()%>" method="POST">
  |  <select>
  |   <option value="volvo">Volvo</option>
  |   <option value="saab">Saab</option>
  |   <option value="mercedes">Mercedes</option>
  |   <option value="audi">Audi</option>
  |  </select>
  |  <input TYPE="SUBMIT">
  | </form>

And hitting the SUBMIT button always causes a full portal refresh. How can I fix it so that it only causes a portlet refresh?

I have been searching for the answer to this for several days, with no luck, in both the JBOSS documentation and elsewhere. I am a web noob though, so maybe it's just something simple. I would be happy to pay for a quick solution, if any exists, I've wasted so much time already.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4216368#4216368

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4216368