[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Manifest.MF Class-Path is ignored during ear file deployment

lior1970 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 16 10:28:24 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've been trying to find the solution to the following problem but with no success. I would really appreciate if anybody can answer this.
I have an ear file which contains war, jar and lib folder. The lib folder contains jars which are common both to the jar and the war files.
The Manifest.MF file of the war file looks like this:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
Created-By: 1.5.0_03-b07 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Implementation-Version: Build 2.8.0.4
Version-Build: 2.8.0.4
Built-By: user
Class-Path: lib/myJar1.jar lib/myJar2.jar lib/myJar3.jar

I'm using Jboss 5.0.0.GA.
The problem is JBoss appears to ignore the Class-Path and I get the following exception during the war file deployment at the server startup:

15:59:55,116 ERROR [StandardContext] Context [/debit] startup failed due to previous errors
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Servlet mapping specifies an unknown servlet name IncomingMessageExecServlet
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.addServletMapping(StandardContext.java:2484)

The mentioned servlet (IncomingMessageExecServlet) is contained in one of the Class-Path jars.

What could be the problem? I have a feeling that it is really something simple which I havn't figured out.
Please advise.

Thanks, Lior

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218308#4218308

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218308