[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: basic authentication against unix password file?

aamonten do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 16 10:38:16 EDT 2009

"dickson1888" wrote : Hi Anil,

  | Thanks for your help.
  |
  | I just want to setup the basic authentication in JBoss AS 5.0 as similiar as that in apache web server which can authenticate against a LDAP server or a unix password file.
  |
  | Has anyone this setup experience? Thanks for any help.

Are you looking for authentication against the unix auth file (/etc/passwd + /etc/shadow) or for authentication against a file created with the htpasswd command (normally used for Apache HTTPD auth)?

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4218314#4218314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4218314