[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server 2008 Failure

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 24 18:20:19 EDT 2009

1. Here is what I wrote:

anonymous wrote : I just now looked at the docs/examples/jms directory in 5.1.0-beta1. The file you need is not there. Looks like you will have to download JBoss Messaging and get the persistence config files from there.

after which I wrote:

anonymous wrote : I looked at messaging in AS 5.1.0 - it is version 1.4.3.GA. But there is no such version on the JBoss Messaging download page, so it would appear that version 1.4.3.GA is a AS 5.1.0 Beta-specific version only. However, I noticed that there is no difference between the hsqldb-persistence-service.xml file in AS 5.0.1.Beta1 and in AS 5.0.0.GA. Therefore, you should be able to use the docs/examples/jms/mssql-persistence-service.xml from AS 5.0.0.GA in AS 5.1.0.Beta1.

Those steps worked for me with both MySQL and PostgreSQL. They should work for SQL Server as well (I am still debating if I really want to install SQL Server, perhaps I'll place it in one of my Windows VMs, maybe Server 2008, but I refuse to install it on my main machine.)

2. Of course that works fine - hsqldb is still being used for the messaging service. (I fail to understand why this is an "issue".)

You also have to realize that you are using a beta - the missing messaging configuration files will show up in time for GA, and hopefully in time for CR1. For AS 5.0.0, those files didn't show up until CR1 - before them you had to get them from the JBoss Messaging download, and you had to make sure you used the exact same version of JBoss Messaging (ask me how many times I ran into problems because I failed to do this). If you dislike having to do that kind of work, you should stick to the released versions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4220764#4220764

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4220764