[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - What is the definition of Node in treecache? Passive?

yangju do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 27 14:04:08 EDT 2009

We run jboss 4.2.GA, hibernate and treecache 1.4.1 as hibernate cache provider. Recently in production we notice that the database got hit really badly. We are thinking maybe because our cache's node limit is too small. We deploy treecache as mbean and it has the following attribute:
5000. Almost all of entities (hibernate objects) are under one node.
My question is that does maxNodes includes the actual number of entities that hibernate caches or it is just the max number of treecache directories. What exactly the definition of 'Node'? Is an entity that is cached on a node is counted as a node? In our case if we bump up the maxNodes from 5000 to say, 10,000, will it increase the number of hibernate objects the treecache can hold? Will it cause outofmemory?

Also, I heard about passive/overflow in eviction. If we turn on passive to ture, can we save the overflow entities to disk, even we use hibernate and oracle database? Our problem is the database got hit badly with the hibernate select calls. By using passive can it be improved?

Thanks.

richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221643#4221643

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221643