[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] CLASSPATH problem?

Bogus Exception bogusexception at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 23:49:32 EDT 2009

I'm having trouble with errors like the following:

15:44:17,680 INFO  [DefaultEndpointRegistry] register: jboss.ws:
context=gmsTest,endpoint=HelloWorld
15:44:17,787 INFO  [WSDLFilePublisher] WSDL published to: file:/usr/java/
jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/data/wsdl/gmsTest.jar/HelloWorldService3425215985790724981.wsdl[i](listed
below)[/i]
15:44:17,802 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/gmsTest
15:44:17,820 WARN  [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for
context '/gmsTest'
16:02:35,127 ERROR [[HelloWorld]] Servlet.service() for servlet HelloWorld
threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
javax.xml.soap.SOAPException
    at javax.xml.soap.SOAPFactory.newInstance(SOAPFactory.java:96)
        [...]

The web service is as simple as it can be, as I have yet to have a single
web service work:

package gms.ws;

import javax.jws.*;
import javax.jws.soap.SOAPBinding;
import javax.ejb.Stateless;

@Stateless
@WebService(name="HelloWorld")
@SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
public class HelloWorld {
    public String echo(String sInput){
        sInput += "!!!";
    }
    public int addOne(int iInput){
        return iInput + 1;
    }
}

When a web service is accessed. I'm trying to run jboss via eclipse 3.4.2,
but have a sneaking suspicion that I don't have jboss configured to load the
correct jars, from the right directories, in the right order. If this is the
case, then I need to know how to adjust the classes/paths loaded by jboss
from eclipse.

When I run jboss from start.sh (64 bit linux), the CLASSPATH shown in the
console output is not the same as the shell it is running from. It has only
a few directories, while the shell (environment) has everything.

Can anyone tell me whether this kind of error is due to jboss not finding
the classes it needs, or am I writing web services incorrectly?

TIA!

pat
:)

"You see, the Boyz II Men's room is flooded. 'Cause Busta Rhymes went in to
take a Master P but he got the Runs D.M.C. and had some Heavy D. And now
there's Funky Cold Medina everywhere!" -Thurgood Stubbs