[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: NLS problem with oracle 8

snjeza do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 8 16:08:10 EDT 2009

I wanted to say that you didn't have the problem with Oracle 10g because you probably used the UTF-8 character set.

Re Oracle 8, you have to use character set which your database is created with.
Since you don't have any problem when you use English locale, your database is probably created with the default locale. You can't use Spanish locale without recreating the database with the Spanish character set (WE8ISO8859P15 maybe, I am not sure).

Could you say what you got when you called
select NLS_LANGUAGE,NLS_TERRITORY,NLS_CHARACTERSET from nls_database_parameters

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4229811#4229811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4229811