[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - EJB 3 CMP Transaction

ttza do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 17 22:55:17 EDT 2009

I am using CMP EJB3 on Jboss 4.2, my tables are getting locked while CMP process is getting executed. If I use BMP then there is no such locking.

My database server is SQL Server 2005 and I have the following settings in the persistance.xml file
<persistence>
  | 	<persistence-unit name="foo">
  | 		<jta-data-source>java:/fooDS</jta-data-source><properties>
  | 		<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="none" />
  | 		<property name="hibernate.ejb.cfgfile"		value="/hibernate.cfg.xml" />
  | 		<property name="hibernate.connection.isolation" value="2" />
  | 		</properties>
  | 	</persistence-unit>
  | </persistence>

As above mention i did have isolation set up to Read_commited but still iam unable to do any query on the table if they are used in CMP process.

Just for information we recently migrated our transaction from hibernate to EJB3  and in the process we upgraded jboss from 4.0 - 4.2 Is there any setting that we missed at our end .Please advise,
Our whole application seems to be falling apart because of this locking issues.

Best Regards,
Trapti

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4231507#4231507

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4231507