[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - DWR issues in cluster....

sureshrk19 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 19 18:10:17 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I have 2 node Jboss (version: 4.2.3GA) cluster setup with session stickiness enabled; apache/mod_jk is front-end loadbalancer.

My application is using dwr for ajax calls at the web layer; when I deploy this on standalone node and access... it works fine.

When I deploy it on cluster... the session replication is working fine (i.e., httpsession data is properly replicated) but, the call to invoke dwr controller is not triggered on fail-over.

When I print the URL: it is ".htm" as per the definition dwr controller should trigger "DispatcherServlet" hence invoke "DashBoardController" but, no action after URL.

web.xml entry:
-----------------

		<servlet-name>sample</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>
			org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet
		</servlet-class>
		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>sample</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

------------

I have home page configured thru DWR controller...
entry in the dwr controller xml is:
----------------------

        dashboardController

                        /jsp/stboard.jsp

-----------------

The class "DashBoardController" is never called when the request is served from fail-over node in cluster.
If I call "dash board" from the same node where the session is created then, it works fine.

the call to dashboard was made form filter.. the code snippet is...
---------

public class DWRFilter implements AjaxFilter {
public Object doFilter(Object obj, Method method, Object[] params,
                        AjaxFilterChain chain) throws Exception {
return chain.doFilter(obj, method, params);
}

}

I validated the session on fail-over node... it is same as parent node (where the session was created).

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Suresh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4232059#4232059

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4232059