[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Licensing concerns with on-selling JBoss

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 28 11:26:19 EDT 2009

If I understand correctly, you want to market an application server and change money for it, similar to the relationship between PostgreSQL and Enterprise DB. I think that section 2 of the LGPL is apropos:

anonymous wrote : Section 2

  | You may modify your copy or copies of the Library or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Library, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:

  | c. You must cause the whole of the work to be licensed at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.

Compare that to the situation where you develop an app that runs on JBoss AS and you package JBoss AS as part of your app. Then section 5 is of importance:

anonymous wrote : Section 5

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4233947#4233947

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4233947