[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Users] - Re: Why no forum for Resteasy

traviskds do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 2 18:07:30 EST 2009

Thanks Justin and Bill.

Will get on the mailing list. Its just that I have been using the JBoss forums and have done a lot of extensive searches before I post a question.

I guess I can refer to the mail list archives before I post any question. Not sure if it provides any search functionality. Maybe I need to look a bit more.

But may I suggest that you guys look at forums or at least presenting all the JBoss technology stack in a consistent fashion.

I work for a very large telco and I am one of the JBoss champions within the organizations and one of the issues we face when we come up against guys promoting commercial products such as the Oracle stack is that open source is fragmented and difficult to get information. This is true when you compare different open source frameworks from different communities but if you decide to go with one stack (as I advocate I.E. use the JBoss stack), then we need to have all the information presented/searchable via a common format. Most of JBoss technology is in the forums but a few like SEAM have their own forum and then now RestEasy does not even use a forum and prefer mailing lists.

I am not complaining as for me I will go where ever the information is available to get my job done so its not that much of an issue for me but when you look at the bigger picture, then can be an issue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4263591#4263591

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4263591