[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Problem moving from 4.1 to 4.2 using Spring configuratio

hrworx do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 11 15:00:30 EST 2009

Thanks for the reply.  After changing the configuration as you suggest, I now get the following stack trace:
org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: couldn't acquire block of ids
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.id.DatabaseDbidGenerator.getNextId(DatabaseDbidGenerator.java:65)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.repository.RepositorySessionImpl.deploy(RepositorySessionImpl.java:56)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.DeployCmd.execute(DeployCmd.java:47)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.DeployCmd.execute(DeployCmd.java:33)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.DefaultCommandService.execute(DefaultCommandService.java:42)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.spring.CommandTransactionCallback.doInTransaction(CommandTransactionCallback.java:50)
  | 	at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:128)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.tx.SpringTransactionInterceptor.execute(SpringTransactionInterceptor.java:77)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.EnvironmentInterceptor.executeInNewEnvironment(EnvironmentInterceptor.java:53)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.EnvironmentInterceptor.execute(EnvironmentInterceptor.java:40)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.RetryInterceptor.execute(RetryInterceptor.java:55)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.repository.DeploymentImpl.deploy(DeploymentImpl.java:91)
  |
  | Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.id.DatabaseDbidGenerator.acquireDbidBlock(DatabaseDbidGenerator.java:76)
  | 	at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.id.DatabaseDbidGenerator.getNextId(DatabaseDbidGenerator.java:63)

which is similar to https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2599
that is claimed to be resolved in 4.2

Basically, the commandService in DatabaseDbidGenerator is null.  Am I missing some other new piece of configuration?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4265127#4265127

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4265127