[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Diff response times at different times

njrfrens do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 6 03:16:30 EDT 2009

Thanks Peter For your excellent support.

During the load test run, I saw that the CPU utilization is around 60-70%

I'm setting the PermGen Size to 512m with the params -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
If I donot set this, I'm quickly getting Out of Memory Permgen Space Error.

If I can't increase the heapsize beyond 1700MB(including permgen),
Does that mean 2GB/4GB/8GB RAM will not make much difference?

If garbage collector is not the culprit for the difference in response times at different intervals, I wonder what else could be the reason...?

Will clustering of JBoss help me in meeting the SLA?
If yes, can I try the software clustering(with out adding any other hardware), or I have to go with Hardware Clustering only?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4258791#4258791

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4258791