[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: 'table does not exist' error after changing default data

bwalker55 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 21 15:49:26 EDT 2009

Thanks for the response. I think I'm getting there.
JBoss version is 4.2.3 on server in question.

For information on changing the default datasource, I used the Installation and Getting Started Guide.
http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide/5/pdf/Installation_And_Getting_Started_Guide.pdf
Unfortunately, there's no mention of JMS in this document.

I also referenced the following (and translated to Oracle)
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/SetUpAMysqlDatasource
but must admit that I skipped the JMS part (as I was initially attempting to bring up jBoss without messaging, before I realized this would leave me without the admin consoles).

I have since found:
http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Administration_And_Configuration_Guide/5/html/alternative_DBs.html
and more specifically
http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Administration_And_Configuration_Guide/5/html/ch13s08s01.html

I have followed the advice of these documents and replaced the hsqldb-jdbc2-service.xml with oracle-jdbc2-service.xml

Note that the document you reference:
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/ConfigDefaultDSJBossMQDB
is similar, but does not indicate that the oracle-jdbc2-service.xml must also be edited, changing OracleDS to DefaultDS (if the DefaultDS is redefined).

If you don't make this change, which I initially missed, there are no database errors on startup, but the JMS_TRANSACTIONS and JMS_MESSAGES tables do not get created. Once this change is made, the startup looks the same from the log file, and the JMS_TRANSACTIONS and JMS_MESSAGES tables are created in Oracle.

Of course, this is all for 4.2. I believe the change for 5.1 is simlar, but the file names and locations of the -service.xml files are different.

Thanks, Bob.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4261586#4261586

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4261586