[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Please! PLEASE! PLEASE! Just ONE Getting-started exa

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 2 21:38:59 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : The stuff I tried to use about a year back was very unusable

If you would have said 2 or 3 years ago, and that you used JBoss IDE (the predecessor to JBoss Tools), I would have heartily agreed with you. But for about the past year or so JBoss Tools have been pretty decent to work with. Currently, I am using Eclipse 3.5 (the Ganymede Java EE package) with JBoss Tools 3.1 (the Development Updates - don't use the Nightly Updates unless you like surprises).

Of course, for real development work I tend to use Eclipse as a glorified text editor - all of my building, packaging and deploying is done at the command line using either Ant or Maven. This way I know exactly what I am getting, and the process is repeatable and can be automated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4253198#4253198

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4253198