[jboss-user] [Security] - jboss j_security_check: russian letters password problem

pashkinmv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 15 04:00:51 EDT 2009

I'm using JBoss 4.2.2 and standard FORM authorization.
Login page charset is UTF-8.
When I press submit button and it redirects me  to j_securitry_check, in DatabaseServerLoginModule I have the password in wrong encoding.

Example: entered password but using russial letters: "FUBA", in DatabaseServerLoginModule I have: "фыва".

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

login-config.xml content:
<application-policy name="myPolicy">

    <login-module code="org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule" flag="required">
      <module-option name="dsJndiName">java:/jdbc/myUser</module-option>
      <module-option name="principalsQuery">select password from login where login = ?</module-option>
      <module-option name="rolesQuery">select role_name, NULL from v_user_role where login = ?</module-option>
      <module-option name="hashAlgorithm">MD5</module-option>
      <module-option name="hashEncoding">HEX</module-option>
      <module-option name="hashCharset">UTF-8</module-option>
    </login-module>

</application-policy>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4255221#4255221

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4255221