[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Users] - EJB Entity Bean works in default configuration, failes using

gldnrtvr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 23 15:45:24 EDT 2009

I am trying to figure out if I have found a bug, or if I need to modify my code.

I have a number of EJB3 entity beans that work just fine with -b=0.0.0.0; however, I have to run my services on a separate IP address ( using -b 10.10.10.21 ).  I am also using -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-01  (very complicated political reason why I have to do this)

JBoss starts without error when I run this configuration with none of my EJB3 beans deployed; however when I deploy even the simplest one, I get errors that indicate that my bean is ignoring the -b and binding.set:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1099 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost/127.0.0.1:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost/127.0.0.1:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]

I searched my code and property files, but could find neither 127.0.0.1 nor localhost referenced anywhere.  Is there a configuration option that I need to configure the context lookup to use 10.10.10.21:1199 for JNI?

Thank you in advance,

-Mark Henning

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256734#4256734

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256734