[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Re: Start time of process instances

sebastian.s do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 03:50:28 EDT 2009

I am not too familiar with the source code but I took a look. Here's the interface HistoryProcessInstance. Since there is also a state active I suppose you can also access active process instances over this interface?

  | public interface HistoryProcessInstance {
  |
  |   /** when the full process instance has come to an end */
  |   String STATE_ENDED = "ended";
  |
  |   /** when the full process instance is still active */
  |   String STATE_ACTIVE = "active";
  |
  |   ..
  |
  |   /** when the process instance started */
  |   Date getStartTime();
  |
  |   ..
  |
  | }

The interface ProcessInstance just extends Execution:

  | public interface ProcessInstance extends Execution {
  | }

I checked and there is no getter or attribute for the start time.

So for me this means: When I work with the ExecutionService and a process instance is returned I cannot easily get the start time but I would have to do a query on the HistoryService for this instance to get the start time?

If I don't get anything wrong this turns out to be rather a discussion about the API for the development forum than for the users' forum.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256792#4256792

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256792