[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBoss portal - portlet parallel problem

Raffaele Shmith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 6 17:56:13 EDT 2010

Raffaele Shmith [http://community.jboss.org/people/marcelloBoss] created the discussion

"JBoss portal - portlet parallel problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/535940#535940

Hello,
i'm developing a portal using JBoss EPP 4.3 and i noticed that with the browser(firefox, in new tabs) parallel portlet loadings aren't accepted.

I did an experiment:
- i created portlet A that have a doView() method that need a lot of time to finish, for example 1 minute with a long query or a simple Thread.sleep().
- i created a simple hello world portlet B.
- i open the first portlet A that need a lot of time to load
- i opened a new tab with firefox and i choose the second portlet.
The loading of the second portlet start after the end of the first. If the first portlet need a lot of time, i have to wait a lot of time to see my hello world(very simple) result.
This isn't a multithreading problem because with other browser isntances pages are concurrents.
I want know if i can change something to improve my portal and avoid this problem.
I hope that you can help me!

Thank you
RM

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]