[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] - ejb3_1 and its relation with ejb3 bom

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 9 12:53:59 EDT 2010

jaikiran pai [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] replied to the discussion

"ejb3_1 and its relation with ejb3 bom"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536626#536626

> Andrew Rubinger wrote:
>

> If the BOM is the parent of the ejb3_1 module, then the ejb3_1 module will have the correct exported dependencies.  Now something else, project X, makes a depedendency upon ejb3_1.  Any "exclusion"s defined by the BOM will be *ignored*.  This is because Project X doesn't have the BOM in its hierarchy.  The way around this is to declare in Project X a dependency twice upon ejb3_1; once in "dependencies", once in "dependencyManagement" (with scope import).
>
> S,
> ALR
The project X that I was considering was AS. So we would have something like:

ejb3_1 module pom.xml:

<parent>
  <artifactId>bom-as6</artifactId>
  <version>0.1.3</version>
</parent>

<artifactId>jboss-ejb3_1</artifactId>

bom-as6 pom.xml:

<artifactId>bom-as6</artifactId>

<dependencyManagement>
    <dependency>
        <artifactId>jboss-ejb3-core</artifactId>
        <version>1.3.2</version>
    </dependency>
<!-- rest of the dep management -->
</dependencyManagement>

JBoss AS component-matrix pom.xml (or some module which "imports" the bom)

<dependencyManagement>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>bom-as6</artifactId>
      <scope>import</scope>
   </dependency>
</dependencyManagement>

The AS/ejb3 module pom.xml would add "dependency" on *ejb3_1*

<dependencies>
     <dependency>
          <artifactId>jboss-ejb3_1</artifactId>
          <!-- We don't specify any version here, it will be picked up from bom -->
     </dependency>
</dependencies>

But like I said in my previous post, making bom-as6 the parent of ejb3_1 may not work out.

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2030]