[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] - HornetQ Resource Adapter and DLQ handling

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 16 05:10:52 EDT 2010

jaikiran pai [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] replied to the discussion

"HornetQ Resource Adapter and DLQ handling"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/537907#537907

Actually, there are 2 things to be considered here:

1) Provider specific activation config properties : As Andy says - JBM used to support some of the activation config props which are no longer valid in HornetQ. As Andy and I discussed over IRC, I'll see if EJB3 code mandates some of these properties to be available. If it does, then we will have to move it out of EJB3 (including the related documentation) to make it a JMS provider specific config.

2) The meaning/usage of DLQ : In HornetQ, there are just Dead letter Addresses. But from the point of view of a JMS client (like MDB) which are just aware of (JMS) queues and (JMS) topics, how would they subscribe to a dead letter (JMS) queue. I am still looking at the hornetq configs in AS and reading through the docs to see how the (hornetq) DLA is being setup. I guess, there needs to be some layer which sets up a (HornetQ) queue subscription to the DLA to make it look like the (JMS) DLQ.

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2030]