[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services CXF] - jBoss 5 and CXF 2.2.7

Bruno Melloni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 30 09:56:03 EDT 2010

Bruno Melloni [http://community.jboss.org/people/bmelloni] replied to the discussion

"jBoss 5 and CXF 2.2.7"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/540432#540432

No need for me to create a jira entry.  I have been in communication with jBoss support and they are looking into it already.  But since CXF isn't fully supported by jBoss yet, I posted here to get additional useful input from the community.

Looks like in windows jBoss is 'supposed to' load the parms from run.conf.bat (instead of run.conf), but it doesn't do so successuflly.  Also, while run.conf comes with the 'recommended values', run.conf.bat still has the old values and so we need to adjust them ourselves (still, they didn't get loaded from there - that is probably a bug).  My guess is that all of this will get fixed by the next release.  Even with these issues it is nice to have a jBoss-supplied Windows Service component.

I considered moving to JBossWS-CXF, but since it isn't fully supported by jBoss yet... at this time I get better support from the authors by using the Apache CXF.  I also have a critical dependency on NTLM authentication... which wasn't 100% right until CXF 2.2.7.  jBoss is still at CXF 2.2.2 and is not pre-installed with jBoss 5.x, but they are seriously considering upgrading to a more recent version (2.2.7, 2.2.8?) for when they are ready to fully support CXF.  Still, thanks for the suggestion Alessio... I will follow it when the time is right.

I am curious as to what customizations JBossWS-CXF brings to CXF.  Perhaps something to make it work better in a cluster?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services CXF at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2046]