[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jbpm4 create / retrieve task timer programmatically

Adrian Apthorp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 12 09:27:39 EST 2010

Adrian Apthorp [http://community.jboss.org/people/aapthorp] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm4 create / retrieve task timer programmatically"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/575556#575556

Michael,

I'm just reviewing my design options to migrate my JBPM CalDav adapter from JBPM3 to 4. Looking at the TaskService api it seems possible to create a task independent of a process / execution; I want to handle tasks associated with a process and those that aren't. In jBPM3 I use the strategy of creating a very basic process with a single task for standalone tasks. This also works in JBPM4. It seems that sticking with this strategy is the simplest way of dealing with timers in all situations.