[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "handling exceptions in AssignmentHandler"

Andrzej Urban do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 3 07:09:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "handling exceptions in AssignmentHandler":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523881#523881

Author  : Andrzej Urban
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/andrzejurban

Message:
Hi,

1. I'm searching for some good practise tips on handling exceptions in AssignmentHandler.

When assigning task to an actor using a custom AssignmentHandler (that implements AssignmentHandler interface) exception occures in assign method.

How should I handle that exception in case of a first task in a process (the process has already started and it has a task with no actors to assign to)
My first solution is to delete the whole process and inform an user that a process hasn't started. But maybe there's a better solution to this problem.

And what in case this happens not in a first task of a process? I cannot delete a process. (I hope that in case of exception token stays on a previous node but haven't checked it yet)

2. Does JBPM support going back to a previous node (i.e. when exception occures in node-enter event action)? Or maybe there's a better practise?