[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Data-(Document)flow, elemental questions"

Philipp Kanis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 3 07:16:15 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Data-(Document)flow, elemental questions":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523882#523882

Author  : Philipp Kanis
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/StudentTrier

Message:
Hallo everybody,
my name is Philipp Kanis and I study at the university Trier Germany. For my diploma thesis i need some informations about jBPM / JBoss.I dont know whether this is here the right place for my questions. So i hope anyone can help me.
What i want to know is about the modelling of process respectively workflows in jBPM.
Does the modelling part of JBPM support a data- or documentflow? I mean, can i integrate documents (.pdf, .doc…) in a workflow respectively in a workflowtask?
If the answer is yes, there are following questions i want to ask:
Which documenttypes are supported to integrate into a workflow?
Is it possible to upload documents in a main storage like a repository?
Are there access authorisations  for these documents?
 Is it possible to manage the metadata form these documents?
 How is the visual presentation of these documents in a workflow? A seperate flow or just like a small add-on to a workflowtask?
I hope my english is not so bad and anybody can help me.
Sincerely, Philipp