[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Does anyone know how to deploy ProcessDefintion in JBPM 4.2"

Andrius Miasnikovas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 8 06:53:13 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Does anyone know how to deploy ProcessDefintion in JBPM 4.2":

http://community.jboss.org/message/524735#524735

Author  : Andrius Miasnikovas
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/andriusms

Message:
Hi,

I'm not sure that it's possible to do this with only the jbpm4 library. Personally I've seen this kind of process definition construction only in jbpm4 tests. What you could do is start your constructed definition like this:

        ClientProcessInstance processInstance = processDefinition.createProcessInstance();
        processInstance.start();

someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the repository service with which you could deploy the process from an XML file doesn't seem to support process deployment from the definition object. To deploy the process from a file you can do this

        ProcessEngine processEngine = new Configuration().setResource("your.jbpm.cfg.xml").buildProcessEngine();
        RepositoryService repositoryService = processEngine.getRepositoryService();
        NewDeployment deployment = repositoryService.createDeployment();
        deployment.addResourceFromClasspath("process.jdpl.xml");
        deployment.deploy();

I'm assuming the usage of JPDL language here. To deploy the process from the process definition builder you would need another step to convert that object into XML file that defines it, but I can't answer how to do that, because I never tried. Usually processes are pretty static so in most cases you should be able to create an XML file of the process and then you could deploy it.