[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Automatic transition from wait state - is it correct?"

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 9 14:15:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Automatic transition from wait state - is it correct?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525207#525207

Author  : Maciej Swiderski
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej

Message:
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible and if it's correct approach for achieving it.

So use case is as follows:
1. Information are sent to an external system that is not replying to a call
2. process is moving to a wait state and it should check the status of the request from point 1 periodically
3. it should be in wait state until status is positive or number of retries/timeout occurred

So my idea is to use timer and event listener on wait state node. Timer will trigger event listener and the event listener should ask for a status of the request. Once it gets correct status event listener should signal execution to take the "success" transition. In case the status is not retrieved within specified period of time event listener should signal "error" transition.

I do not know if that is possible, I tried some time ago signal execution from an event listener but it did not work for me.

Thanks in advance
Maciej