[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Profiling the dependency project"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 9 14:25:44 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Profiling the dependency project":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525212#525212

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
AbstractController.resolveCallbacks() was spending a lot of time setting/unsetting the thread context classloader, so I have changed that to avoid doing that unless there actually are some callbacks to install

http://fisheye.jboss.org/changelog/JBossAS?cs=100775

These calls are probably heavier than they would normally be in the AS since the tests are running with a security manager enabled meaning we need to create the PrivilegedAction and go via AccessController.doPrivileged although calling Thread.get/setContextClassloader() seems to have some overhead of its own especially when it was being done once each time a context enters a state.