[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: Ad hoc task creation"

Ed Loyot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 9 16:05:39 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Ad hoc task creation":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525232#525232

Author  : Ed Loyot
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/eloyot

Message:
Hi Sebastian,

This doesn't sound like what I need.

Specifically, I have a group of people who will need to review a document. I don't know until runtime who these reviewers will be or how many there will be, thus I cannot create the tasks in the PDL. When the review process instance is created I will know who the reviewers are and can configure a task for each one associated with the review node. Once all the review tasks have been completed the node should transition.

As I said, this functionality is included in 3.x but has disappeared in 4.x.

This was the 3.x code

TaskNode taskNode = (TaskNode) executionContext.getNode();
Task task = taskNode.getTask(this.taskName);

for (Person person : this.getPeopleToAssignTaskTo(version)) {
             Token token = executionContext.getToken();
             TaskInstance taskInstance = taskMgmtInstance.createTaskInstance(task, token);
             taskInstance.setActorId(person.getNetId());

Thanks,

Ed