[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] New message: "Re: timer attribute names"

Alejandro Guizar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 00:32:36 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "timer attribute names":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525278#525278

Author  : Alejandro Guizar
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/alex.guizar@jboss.com

Message:
> Hmmm delay is also not quite right. Since with EL you can have fixed dates. Since the 'delay' in (business) time always results in a (due) date. So I'm kind of ambivalent.
Right. Maybe the problem is mixing date and duration in the same attribute. I looked at java.util.Timer and I'd like to have the same kind of clean, concise parameters.

What if:
* *duedate* was a string literal or EL expression that returned either Date or String. If the result is a String, parse a Date based on the configured date-time format.
* *delay* was a duration literal, calculated from the Date obtained from the *duedate* attribute or the current time if duedate is absent.
* *duedatetime* was phased out instead, since *duedate* would now permit string literals.