[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] New message: "Re: EJBTHREE-1998: TestSuite Client Dependencies from JBOSS_HOME"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 10 02:14:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "EJBTHREE-1998: TestSuite Client Dependencies from JBOSS_HOME":

http://community.jboss.org/message/525293#525293

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
> ALRubinger wrote:
>

> For now the tests are coming back mostly OK I think, though the view is clouded due to CNFE on some stuff from Hibernate Core.  This should be temporary; the mapper responsible for removing version numbers from JAR names in the AS build is not handling "SNAPSHOT" properly, and Hibernate in AS is now a snapshot.

I'll take a look at this today. I remember seeing something like this locally around a month back, but hadn't spent much time on it. One of the reasons why AS is using the hibernate SNAPSHOT is to run our EJB3 testsuite and the AS testsuite to identify any genuine regressions, before going for a Hibernate release. So getting a clean EJB3 testsuite run is going to help

The other reason why the mapper has to be fixed is because, even though the AS doesn't allow SNAPSHOT version to be included in the component-matrix, i keep using SNAPSHOT on my local checkout of AS trunk (and i believe others do too). So if there's a bug around that, then fixing it will help.