[jboss-user] [Javassist] New message: "determining if code passed to insertAfter() is executed after an exception handler or before normal return"

Arvind K do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 15 23:47:42 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "determining if code passed to insertAfter() is executed after an exception handler or before normal return":

http://community.jboss.org/message/526483#526483

Author  : Arvind K
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/megalodon

Message:
Hello,

Quick question. As far as my understanding goes, the source code provided to the CtMethod.insertAfter() is inserted 'at the end of the method' i.e., before every 'return' statement and after every exception handler in it (not as a 'finally' block). Supposing that we call the code-block passed to the insertAfter() method as block A.

My question is this: Is there anyway to distinguish, from block A, whether block A is getting executed upon normal return of the method or if it was executed after an exception handler got done?

This will help me determine if the method ran successfully or if an exception was handled. Thanks