[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] New message: "How to throw faults for reliable messaging web services (WS-RM)?"

Oliver Xu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 18 11:01:55 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to throw faults for reliable messaging web services (WS-RM)?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527041#527041

Author  : Oliver Xu
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/yqxu

Message:
Hi, I’m currently building a *reliable messaging* (WS-RM) web service. I want to return to the client a soap fault with customized messages when an exception occurs.

Most of the documents online describe what a fault look like in the soap message but not on how it is implemented. Below is a snippet of what I have so far. I can get the TestFault to return without using reliable messaging, but once RM is turned on, I have no luck of getting the TestFault.

@WebMethod

(action="echoAction")

public String echo(@WebParam(name="word") String word) throws TestFault{     String response =

"Hello "+word;
     if (word.equals("fault"))
          throw new TestFault("It worked!");

     return response;}

@WebFault
public

 class TestFault extends Exception{
     private static final long serialVersionUID = 6118892030155347089L;

     public TestFault(String message) {

          super(message);     }

}

Below is the fault I got when RM is turned on:

<

env:Fault xmlns:env='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>

     <faultcode>env:Server</faultcode>

     <faultstring>RM handler have not serialized WS-RM message to the payload</faultstring>

</env:Fault>

Can someone please give me some pointers or code examples on how faults can be thrown properly once WS-RM is enabled? Thanks in advance.