[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0 Development] New message: "Re: EJBTHREE-2007: VFS Abstraction"

John Bailey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 23 00:07:37 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "EJBTHREE-2007: VFS Abstraction":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527781#527781

Author  : John Bailey
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/johnbailey

Message:
I missed one reference to VirtualFileAdapter that will not allow a simplistic approach to work.

The class org.jboss.injection.ServiceRefInjector creates a VirtualFileAdapter from the InjectionContainer:getRootFile.  In the case of VFS3 this will actually by the VirtualFileWrapper instance, which will not be compatible at runtime.

So we are going to have to account for this in some way.  What else uses InjectionContainer:getRootFile?  I am only seeing it used by the ServiceRefInjector, but I may be missing some references.  If this is the only use, we could have the InjectionContainer actually create the instance to the VirtualFileAdapter and keep it outside EJB3 core..

Thoughts?