[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: Port already in use: 1098 - URGENT"

Zachary Yadamec do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 23 09:54:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Port already in use: 1098 - URGENT":

http://community.jboss.org/message/527930#527930

Author  : Zachary Yadamec
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/btlfedgolf

Message:
What switches were you using on netstat?  I usually cant see the listining ports of jboss unless i use the -a switch.  my command usually looks like:

netstat -a -o > ns.txt

I redirest the output into a txt doc so i can search, and use the -o switch so I can see the PID of the process that is holding hte port.  From there I can use the kill command or taskmanager to take care of the process.